Dr. Dan Chase
Everyone who comes to Gettysburg is surprised and awed by the sense that it is a hallowed place, where sacrifices were made that are hard to fathom with our modern sensibilities. They leave with impressions and leadership insights that they won’t soon forget because they’re tied to this place and its undeniable power. My goal is always to draw out the insights and expertise that exists within the group by asking challenging questions that require participants to think critically and respond with their viewpoints and how these might apply to their work and their lives.
An instructor at the Gettysburg Leadership Experience (GLE) since 2015, Dan Chase, PhD brings a high level of energy to two subjects about which he’s passionate: leadership and Abraham Lincoln, whose leadership approach is the subject of his dissertation. Dan has been delivering leadership development to groups in both the public and private sectors as well as higher education for many years, gaining diverse experience that supports his work at GLE.
- Founding partner/consultant at Actualized Performance Solutions (APS)
- Leadership development consultant for the State of Utah, working with their Certified Public Manager Program
- Frequent keynote speaker for various associations and organizations across the country
- Former adjunct faculty member for the Organizational and Leadership Strategy Department at Brigham Young University (BYU)
- Former adjunct faculty member for the Organizational and Leadership Strategy Department at Brigham Young University (BYU) and the Communications Department and the Woodbury School of Business at Utah Valley University
- Consulted with many public and private organizations, including management and executive coaching
- Earned MPA from BYU with an emphasis in organizational behavior and Human Resources
- Earned a PhD from the University of Utah with a research emphasis on the institutional leadership of Abraham Lincoln
Our faculty is made up of instructors and guides, many of whom are licensed battlefield guides. Instructors and guides are chosen for each session based upon the identified goals of the group.